Monday, September 3, 2018

La-La Land Crafts Guest Designer!


Hello! Today, I have some amazing news!  I've been asked to guest design for La-La Land Crafts!  Over the next 3 months, I'll be creating with all their new products as well as some of their "oldies, but goodies" I'm so excited and honored by this opportunity and I can't wait to share with you what I've been working on!  So... let's get started.  The theme this week is USE A STENCIL.

For my card, I decided to create my own stencil using the Double Stitched Hills Border Die.  First, I die cut a light blue panel using the largest rectangle from the Scalloped Rectangles Die.  Then I cut a smaller white rectangle to fit inside.  I used the Double Stitched Hillside Borders Die to sponge some snowy slopes using some light blue distress ink and a sponge.  Then I was ready to create my scene.  I used the Three Christmas Trees Die and cut it apart to create 3 separate trees.  I placed them on my panel to look as if they were sitting on top of the snow.  Then I stamped out my hippo images from the NEW Hippo Holidays Clear Stamp Set, colored them up with Copics, and cut them out using my Scan N Cut 2.  I used foam tape to pop them on to my panel and stamped my sentiment out in black ink.  To finish it off, I added some white accents with my gel pen and some dots of Stickles glitter for snow.  A die cut flag from the Stitched Pennants Die finishes it all off. 


For the inside of the card, I used another light blue panel cut with the Scalloped Rectangles Die.  Then I added two of the die cut trees and a banner cut with the Flag Banner Die. 



Supplies:

Copic Colors:
Hippos: W1, W2, W3, W5, W7
Red: R22, R24, R27, R56, R59
Yellow: Y21, Y26
Blue: BG13, BG57
White: C1, C3









No comments:

Post a Comment