Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sparkling Mermaid

Hello there!  Today I have a beautiful sparkling mermaid to share with you guys.  It seems like mermaids are everywhere in the craft-world right now no wonder, they're so fun to color!!!  I just love that you can really choose any colors and they look amazing!  This is Night Swim and you can find her HERE in the Saturated Canary Shop.  Isn't she just gorgeous!  I love that she's out of water and the moon and stars are behind her.  A little different take on the typical mermaid stamp. 

 
For this card, I started with some adorable mermaid paper by Doodlebug.  I just love that they came out with this since I have a ton of mermaid stamps and always struggle to find matching paper.  I also love that is bright and fun of course :)  Then I colored my image to match the paper and added a ton of stickles glitter to her tail. I found some seaweed 3D stickers in my stash and cut some embellishments using my new LaLa Land Under the Sea die.  Oh and I was singing that song in my head the whole time I was making this! 
 
 
Here's a close up.  You can see that I gave her some pearl earrings and I used yellow Smooch for the stars!  So much fun!!
 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!  Be sure to snap this cutie up from the Saturated Canary store before August 31st. That's when the store is closing and all those gorgeous images will be gone for good.  Hope you have a great week!
 
Details:
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Under the Sea
MFT orange zest ink
3D seaweed sticker: Recollections (Michaels)
Smooch- yellow
Stickles- Crystal
Enamel Dots- Recollections (Michaels) & The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
LaLa Land Crafts- Under the Sea die set
MFT leafy flourish
MFT wave border die
pink crab sticker- Jolee's Boutique
Wink of Stella Clear
Button- my stash
Banner punch- Stampin' Up,
Pearl stickers- Stampin Up
Copic Colors (skin) E000, E00, E11, E04, E21, R20 (hair) E41, E43, E47, E49 (image) YG21, YG23, YG25, YG09, YG67, W0, W1, W2, W3, W5, W7, RV02, RV04, RV06, RV19, BV02, BV13, BV08, Y13, Y15, Y38, YR02, YR04, YR07, YR18, YR27, E08, BG11, BG15, BG13, BG09, BG18, B99, B97, B95
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You have created a very bright and happy scene. Lovely creation. Thank you for joining the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright, fun creation! I love all the perfect details you have added to make this so fun to look at. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete