Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Using Journal Cards for quick and easy cards

Hello!  I hope you are having a great week!  Today, I'm sharing a quick and easy card using the NEW Cool Couple Clear Stamp set and my best-kept secret...journal cards!  

 

So anytime, I need to make a cute card quick, I always reach for my collection of journal cards... you know, the ones you use for scrapbooking.  Well, they make great greeting cards as well!  For this card, I just chose 2 different coordinating journal cards, trimmed them both to fit my card base and layered them on top of each other.  I added a little machine stitching around the corner for extra detail, stamped my sentiment, and popped my image on top with foam tape.  Then I just added a few enamel dots and a couple of precut die cuts in the corner and voila!  A super cute card in minutes!  

 

Copic Colors:

Skin: E30, E31, E33, E35, E37

Hair: C5, C7, C9

Red: R24, R27, R56, R59

Blue: B21, B24

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!

 

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant idea! I have thousands of the cards! I was actually thinking of throwing them away! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete