Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Picket Fence Studios Release

Hello!  Today, I have some very exciting news to share.  First of all, I have joined the Picket Fence Studios Design Team.  I am so excited to be a part of this fabulous company and I can't wait to share my creations with you guys!  Even better, today is release day!  So many amazing products released this month.  You will not want to miss it!  Be sure to hop over the shop and see all the new goodies!  
It's Christmas in July!  So today, I've created 3 holiday cards to share with you.  

First up is this whimsical Santa card featuring the NEW Wrapped Candy Background Stamp and Believe in Magic Stamp Set.  To create this card, I used the background stamp and stamped it four times to create a seam-less background for my card.  Then I colored it up with Copics.  I stamped out my Santa and colored him with Copics as well.  Then I fussy cut him out and adhered him to the center of my card panel.  To add some dimension, I popped my sentiment up on foam tape after stamping it on a white page flag.  


Copic Colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04, R20
White: W0, W1, W3
Red: R24, R27, R56, R59
Blue: BG10, BG11, BG13
Green: YG21, YG23

For my next card, I used several new products.  To begin, I used my Life Changing Blender Brushes to stencil in two layers of green trees using the Field of Snowy Trees Stencil.  I started with my lightest shade first then moved the stencil down slightly to stencil in the darker green.  Then I added some Paper Glaze in Snowdrop White to the centers of each tree using a dry paint brush.  After letting that dry for about an hour, I went in with my B000 Copic Marker and colored in the background with blue.  I also stamped out my sentiment and added some snowflakes from the New Ho Ho Ho Stamp Set.  On a separate piece of paper, I stamped out my gnome santas from the New Baby It's Cold Outside Stamp Set and colored them in with Copics.  Then I fussy cut them out and popped them on top of my scene with foam tape.  


Copic Colors:
Sky: B000
Red: R24, R27, R56, R59
Beards: W0, W1, W3
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04, R20

For my final card, I went for a more sophisticated look.  First, I started with a piece of red plaid patterned paper and trimmed that to fit my card base.  Then I trimmed strip of black and white paper and adhered that across the lower half of the paper.  I stamped out my tree from the New Most Wonderful Time of the Year Stamp Set in black ink and then heat embossed the second layer with white embossing powder.  Then I fussy cut the tree out and adhered it to a tan panel of patterned paper with foam tape.  After layering that on top of my red plaid paper, I stamped my sentiment on a white banner and adhered that to the end of my card. A few scattered sequins from the Moscow Mule Sequin Mix finishes this card off.  


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Be sure to pop by the Picket Fence Studios Shop to see all the new products and don't forget to check out the other design team projects HERE.  Plus, there are still some great deals in the Retirement Section.  Have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment