Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Is It Halloween Yet?

Hello!  I'm so excited to be sharing a couple of Picket Fence Studios Halloween cards with you guys.  I don't know about you, but Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday and I always get so excited when companies release their Halloween goodies!  

For my first card, I used the New Autumn Harvest Collage Stamp. I stamped it just one time in Black Hybrid Ink.  Then I die cut a black rectangular frame and and created a shaker element by adding some acetate and a handful of Black Magic Sequin Mix.  After my shaker element was created.  I stamped my image again and fussy cut the raven from the collage.  I popped him up on a die cut scalloped circle from my stash and added it to the bottom left of my card.  I also layered on some glitter washi and a stamped sentiment from the Inside Quotes: Christmas Stamp Set.  I just masked off the "Christmas" portion of the sentiment.  And there you have it, a festive fall card with a bit of a spooky feel. 


Autumn Harvest CollageInside Quotes: Christmas


Black Magic Sequin Mix

For my next card, I couldn't resist the New Jack O Lanterns Stamp Set.  In fact, the instant I saw it, I squealed with delight.  To begin, I stamped my image once on some copic-friendly card stock.  Then I colored all the pumpkins white except one.  I chose the largest pumpkin in the bottom left corner and colored him up in the traditional orange.  Then I trimmed my paper into a square and mounted that on top of some black card stock.  I trimmed that so there was a 1/8 inch frame all the way around and then mounted that on a deep purple card stock.  I love this stacked frame effect.  It really draws your eye into the image.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment from the Believe in the Magic Set and heat embossed that with white embossing powder.  Sure, this sentiment was meant for Christmas, but if you ask me, it's perfect for Halloween!  


Believe in the MagicJack O Lanterns



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you are having a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment