Saturday, June 20, 2020

Sweet November Mermaids!

Hello!  Today, I am so excited to share some Sweet November mermaid cards with you guys!  I can't tell you how excited I am about how these turned out.  I've had this digital stamps in my stash for quite some time and this week I was determined to create something with them.  I dug through my stash and found a Retired Kraftin' Kimmie Ocean Background Stamp.  I though it would be the perfect fit for these mermaids.  So I stamped it out and colored it up with my Copics.  For the water, I first used my BG10 marker and colored the whole thing in one solid layer  Then I used some distress ink around the top and sides of the panel to create depth.  On one of the cards, I used a sun rays stencil to add some interest.  I also used another stamp on that card to create the large rock in the middle of the card.  The original image was Kraftin' Kimmie Serena Sparkles.  I just wiped off the mermaid, leaving the rock and stamped that onto my image.  Then I added part of the Ocean Background Stamp above it.  To complete the backgrounds, I added some solid fish stamps from my stash as well as some sentiments.  The only think left was to color up my mermaids, fussy cut them out, and pop them on top using some foam tape.  They each got one little ocean friend as well.  Like, I said, I am so happy with how these turned out and will probably try this technique again with different stamps. 
 
 


 
Card Details:
Retired Kraftin' Kimmie Ocean Background Stamp
Retired Kraftin' Kimmie Serena Sparkles Stamp
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Found you though I must say it took a bit before the search engine would do so. The links you added in my comments still didn't activate though I think that might be Instagrams logarithms in the message section. Anyway now I have found you I will follow so I can keep up to date with your posts. Wonderful amazing colouring such a pleasure to look at.

    ReplyDelete